Children's Medical Security Plan (CMSP) is a MassHealth program that is managed by
MassHealth and administered by UniCare.
Every year, you will get a MassHealth Eligibility Review Form (ERV) in the mail. It is
important that you fill out and return the eligibility review form to a MassHealth office
right away. MassHealth needs this information to make sure that your child or children are
still eligible for CMSP benefits. Your child or children might even be eligible for other
MassHealth coverage, which may give them more health services.
If you have any questions about filling out the ERV form, you may call MassHealth Customer
Service at 1-800-841-2900.
This is what you need to know about maintaining your child's or children's
CMSP enrollment active.
- If you do not complete and return the form to MassHealth within the time frame allowed by
MassHealth, your child or children will lose their CMSP benefit.
- Send all MassHealth-requested verifications to the MassHealth office within the time frame
allowed. Examples of verifications requested by the MassHealth office include, but are not limited to:
- verification of gross earned income; and
- verification of gross unearned income.
- Report to MassHealth within the time frame allowed any change in household circumstance that may affect the eligibility of
your CMSP benefits or premiums. Examples of changes include, but are not limited to:
- family size
- availability of other health insurance;
- third-party liability (other health insurance); and
- If you are in a premium-billing category, the timely payment of the premium to MassHealth is required in order to maintain active CMSP coverage.
If you are helping someone who does not speak English, MassHealth can provide interpreters
to help that person apply. Call MassHealth Customer Service at 1-800-841-2900 (TTY: 1 888 665-9997
for people with partial or total hearing loss).
For more information about MassHealth or to find out how to get an application form in English or
Spanish, call MassHealth Customer Service at 1-800-841-2900 (TTY: 1 800 497-4648 for people with
partial or total hearing loss) or go to our Web site at www.mass.gov/masshealth.
For a copy of either MassHealth member booklet in English or one of the other languages (Cambodian,
Chinese, Haitian Creole, Laotian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, or Vietnamese), call MassHealth
Customer Service at 1-800-841-2900 (TTY: 1 800 497-4648 for people with partial or total hearing loss).