Maintaining Your Enrollment
The Children's Medical Security Plan (CMSP) is a MassHealth program that is managed by
MassHealth and administered by UniCare.
Every year, you will get a MassHealth Eligibility Review Form (ERV) in the mail. It is
important that you fill out and return the eligibility review form to a MassHealth office
right away. MassHealth needs this information to make sure that your child or children are
still eligible for CMSP benefits. Your child or children might even be eligible for other
MassHealth coverage, which may give them more health services.
If you have any questions about filling out the ERV form, call MassHealth Customer
Service at 1-800-841-2900.
What you need to know to keep your child's CMSP enrollment
- If you do not complete and return the form to MassHealth within the time frame allowed by
MassHealth, your child or children will lose their CMSP benefit.
- Send all MassHealth-requested verifications to the MassHealth office within
the time frame allowed. Examples of verifications requested by the MassHealth office include, but are not limited to:
- Verification of gross earned income, and
- Verification of gross unearned income.
- Report to MassHealth within the time frame allowed any change in household circumstance that may affect the eligibility of
your CMSP benefits or premiums. Examples of changes include, but are not limited to:
- Family size
- Availability of other health insurance
- Third-party liability (other health insurance), and
- If you are in a premium billing category, you must pay your premium to MassHealth on time to keep your CMSP coverage.
Contact MassHealth for more information
Call MassHealth Customer Service at 1-800-841-2900 for help with the following:
- If you are helping someone who does not speak English, MassHealth can provide
interpreters to help that person apply.
- To find out how to get an application form in English or Spanish. You can also
go to our website at www.mass.gov/masshealth.
- To get a copy of the MassHealth member booklet in English or one of the other
available languages (Cambodian, Chinese, Haitian Creole, Laotian, Portuguese,
Russian, Spanish, or Vietnamese.
- For more information about MassHealth.
If you have partial or total hearing loss, call our TTY line at 1-888-665-9997.